Thursday, October 10, 2013

Birthday Catch-up

I'm embarrassed to own up, but this present is for a birthday that was back in early July (insert head hanging in shame).  Funny how time can get the better of you, wouldn't you agree?
But this belated iPad cover has finally made its way to the recipient-- the kindest, most big & warm hearted person I know, our Uncle Terry.  Happy (late) birthday Terry!


  Once again I used One Shabby Chick's iPad cover tutorial.  My only modification was to add the front pocket, which I have started to add every time I make one now.  Terry had expressed some time ago that he liked the deer silhouette I had done on a pillow (here), and asked if I could do the same think with an image of our dog Boone.


Easy enough, Boone's silhouette was added using raw edge applique.  The hardest part was finding a photo of him with a good side profile to base the template on!  For the fabrics I used Parson Gray prints from the Curious Nature line (great line for masculine fabrics!), and my favorite wood grain print from Joel Dewberry's Aviary 2 line.  LOVE the way this project turned out!


Now that I have a chair for my studio, and a way to listen to my tunes, I should start getting a lot more work done up there!  In my game of birthday catch-up I still need to finish Mr. Trio's gift (late July), and my step-mom's (early August) & I will be done!  I'm so lucky to have patient, loving people in my life!


And in the time that has passed since I last blogged I have celebrated my own birthday (with lots of new fabric to share later), and this past weekend the wedding of my sister & her new husband.  Good times were had by all!!!  My mom stayed to visit for a few days after the wedding and we did a mini shop hop of quilt stores in New York and Pennsylvania. We had a wonderful time.  Now I'm ready for life to settle back into routine, and to start hearing the hum of my sewing machine!

Thank you, as always, for stopping by!

No comments:

Post a Comment