Monday, December 16, 2013

Happy Holidays!

I kept myself super busy this past week finishing up some holiday gifts.  Small stocking stuffers to be precise.  This past weekend we traveled to northern Virginia to celebrate an early Christmas with my family, and I made a little something to put in everyones stocking.  


The ladies all received travel make-up rolls.They were really a lot of fun to put together, and picking out the fabric for each person was a blast.   The pattern for the rolls was created by Rachel at Stitched in Color.  Instead of the button and loop closure I went with simple ties instead... I found I prefer the finished look of a bow tie closure.


The top flap folds down nicely to keep everything in its place.  Then simply roll and tie.  The pattern comes with a variety of pocket options so that you can customize your roll.  I particularly liked that the pockets could be pleated-- it makes them roomy enough for a thick compact to go in if desired. 

 
These make great gifts, and I certainly see more of them in my future! 
I had big sewing plans for this week which will be way-laid-- my machine has the hiccups and needs to be taken into the shop for some TLC.  We head out at the end of this week to spend time with Mr. Trio's family for Christmas.  I hope to be back with a smooth operating machine when we return!


What ever holiday you may celebrate, may it be filled with family, friends, and love!
Happy holidays!


No comments:

Post a Comment