Wednesday, January 1, 2014

2013 Year in Review

Well, 2013 has been a busy, but wonderful year.  We've had one cross country move, one short distance move, lots of additional travels to see family, a new job for Mr. Trio, health highs & health lows, a new (to us) car, weddings-- whew!  And I'm quite sure I'm leaving plenty out!  The Trio family has had plenty to be thankful for this past year, and we are looking forward to what 2014 has in store for us!

Despite all the busyness, I've managed to get quite a bit of sewing in.  Only four quilt finishes this year.  A goal for me in 2014 will be to turn out a few more quilts.  I'd love to say one a month, but that may be aiming to high!

1. Nautical Wonky Star Quilt (a.k.a. a quilt for my mom) 2. Chloe's Graduation Quilt 3. Modern Maples Quilt 4. Herringbone Quilt
You may remember that at the start of 2013 I started my first block of the month (BOM) quilt group... way back when we lived in Colorado still-- it feels like a lifetime ago already.  Sadly I did not get to far into this project before things got in the way.  Between the move and other sewing obligations this project seemed to find itself on the back-burner.  I refuse to beat myself up over it though, and still have hopes of finishing it up, albeit a little late.

Block of the Month- Blocks 1 & 2, 3 & 4, 5 & 6
2013 was the "Year of the Pillow" as far as birthday gifts were concerned.  They are such fun & quick projects.  I only managed to eek out one Swoon block this year.  I just need to accept that my Swoon quilt is a slow sew project for me-- fitting in a block here and there when I can.  I DO want to finish it this year though.  Our master bed desperately needs a homemade quilt!

1. Jenn's Pillow 2. Jess' Pillow 3. Sherry's Pillow 4. Kathy's Pillow 5. Christmas Pillows 6. Swoon Block
 And finally, lots and lots of smaller, miscellaneous projects.  Some blogged about, some not. 

1. Unnamed Block 2. X & + Block 3. Spring & Summer Table Runner 4. PacMan Zippy Pouch 5. Large Make-up Zippy Bag 6. iPad Case 7. Wine Totes 8. Double Sided Table Runner 9. Perfect Tote 10. 241 Tote 11. Terry's iPad Cover 12. Make-up Rolls
 New Years resolutions aren't really a thing I do; however, I do have some sewing goals in mind...

1. Start a sketch book to capture my quilt ideas.
2. Crank out more than 4 quilts this year.  One of them MUST be my Swoon quilt!
3. Practice free motion quilting.
4. Continue to push myself outside my color comfort zone.
5. Learn to use my new (to me) Serger.
6. Try my hand a garment sewing.  A Wiksten Tova top to be specific.
7. Sign up for another craft/art fair.
8. Return to blogging once a week.

How about you, do you have any goals or resolutions this year? 
Wishing everyone a safe and happy New Year!

No comments:

Post a Comment